Can't choose breeder
Hi I am new here... I live in Switzerland and am planning on getting a golden pup. I used to live in the States and had a golden, she passed away 4 years ago and the Breeder stopped breeding that I knew. Since I don't live in the States, it would be really nice if someone could help me decide on what breeder to choose from or if anybody had experinces from them. I am not a fan of the European Goldens so this is why I am trying to get one from the States.
Any kind of help would be really nice and appreciated. Thank you
1. Brookshire,* Golden Retrievers,* Northborough,* MA
3. Donnybrook Golden Retrievers - Home
4. Golden Retriever Puppies 320-980-4286 WorkNotes Home Page
5. New Litters
6. golden retriever puppies
7. Golden Retriever Breeder AKC | Mill Creek Goldens
8. Golden Glory Retriever Breeder, PA
9. ROBERTSON'S GOLDEN RETRIEVERS - Home Upstate New York
10. Golden Retriever Litters | Florida Golden Retriever Breeder | Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale
11. Nitro Golden Retrievers - Frewsburg, New York
12. Wildfire Golden Retrievers of Arizona, Golden Retrievers, Chandler, AZ
13. Klassique Golden Retrievers :: Golden Puppies in Washington State
15. About Us - Colonial Goldens
You may want to contact all your potentials with a well crafted letter, email or phone call to see if they will let a puppy leave US soil. I know quite a few breeders will not sell overseas. Answering this question may pare down your list some.
Laura, Jinx, and Rocky
UKC CH Wildfire's A Kind of Magic CGC
Rocky the old min pin who thinks he's a golden
|The Following User Says Thank You to LJack For This Useful Post:|
I did that, didn't find anything serious enough..
Thank you for your answer.
That's a good idea. I did contact all of them. I am waiting on some responses but the ones that already replied said that they would send oversea, depending on the hours it takes to arrive to me.
You have some breeders on your list who appear to be reputable, others who seem to be BYB with a website, and so on. You need to check them out carefully. Once you have pared your list down a bit, post the names here to see what else you can learn.
Before going any further, make sure that you can verify all of the 4 basic health clearances. The best place to start is Orthopedic Foundation for Animals You can input the parent's names or AKC numbers and check for clearances. You are looking for OFA or PennHip for hips, done on or after 2 years of age; OFA for elbows, again done on or after 2 years of age; eyes cleared annually by a veterinary opthamologist; and hearts cleared by a veterinary cardiologist. If any of the clearances are not listed on OFA-could be PennHip, eyes or heart-ask the breeder for copies of the paperwork.
Tahnee Golden Retrievers
|The Following User Says Thank You to Tahnee GR For This Useful Post:|