This may be a long post, apologies in advance!
We were on the list for a puppy that was due this week. I heard back from the breeder that the litter was smaller than they anticipated, so no puppy for us from them. This breeder wil have a couple of other litters in the early spring.
I decided to "re-open" my breeder search to see if there were other litters available, and ran across a litter of puppies from the same sire and also a great dam (both show healthy bloodlines, complete paperwork, some socialization, etc.) There are a couple of puppies that (as described) could have the temperament we're looking for.
There are a couple of things that concern me: the litter is almost 11 weeks old now - after reading the Dunbar book, I am worried that the clock is ticking for training and socialization etc.
My second concern is our family's holiday plans - we've scheduled a trip to see family for 5 days which requires a plane trip and a household of other dogs. Travel with a 14 week old puppy? Board a 14 week old puppy? Look for a dog sitter?
Am I just suffering from puppy fever? Or should I pursue this?
Thanks for your gentle advice!