You guys i got an interview!! - Page 4 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Rainheart's Avatar
Mizzou 2017 Vet Student!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,487
(OP)
Thanks: 264
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLINA MOM View Post
KC and ST. Louis are both a little over 2 hours from Columbia. In KC, the airport is north of the city. Columbia is right off of I-70, which you would take from either KC or St. Louis.

I'm not real sure how far the Campus is actually located off of I-70 though, I am guessing maybe only a couple of miles.

I would check what the airfares are into KC and ST. Louis, it might almost be easier for you to fly into SL, you would head West towards Columbia on I-70 from the airport. The airport in St. Louis is actually West of the downtown area.
Thanks again for the info. Columbia has a small airport but I am thinking of just flying into there- otherwise I'd have to get a rental car to drive in a place that I have no idea where I am going. So we are thinking this might be easier. I am going to call Missouri again tomorrow and hopefully get a clear answer from them as to what is the best way. But I appreciate all the help!
__________________
Crescent's Getting Lucky in the Burg CD RE NJP CGC

Mizzou Playing at Fenway Park RN CGC


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 AM
CAROLINA MOM's Avatar
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NC Coast
Posts: 26,592
Thanks: 28,055
Thanked 19,033 Times in 12,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainheart View Post
Thanks again for the info. Columbia has a small airport but I am thinking of just flying into there- otherwise I'd have to get a rental car to drive in a place that I have no idea where I am going. So we are thinking this might be easier. I am going to call Missouri again tomorrow and hopefully get a clear answer from them as to what is the best way. But I appreciate all the help!
You're welcome. Of course, that'll work too. I'm not a big fan of flying into small/regional airports, probably why I didn't think to suggest it-sorry.

If you end up having to fly into SL, Columbia is a straight shot up I-70 from the airport, there are lots of signs once you get into Columbia which will direct you to the campus.

Again, best of luck with your Interview! So happy and excited for you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM
cubbysan's Avatar
Preeminent Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lee's Summit, MO (formally Franklin, MA)
Posts: 12,321
Thanks: 4,667
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,367 Posts
I live right outside of Kansas City, south of the airport. If you need any information or help from the KC airport or anything else, please contact me. I am 2 hours from Columbia.

I also know people that are very familiar with the Mizzou campus, undergraduate, so if you have any questions whatsoever I can get you some answers.

I went there to visit last year, it is maybe 4 miles from I-70.

Also, while you are there, try to visit Shakespeare's Pizza. It is a big Mizzou hangout and has one of the best pizzas in the country. You can probably get a good feel of what campus life would be there. Everybody that visits Columbia always makes a stop there.
__________________
Marie, Brady, MacKenzie and Sailor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cubbysan For This Useful Post:
CAROLINA MOM (11-23-2012)
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 AM
cgriffin's Avatar
Thunder and Toby forever
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,401
Thanks: 7,063
Thanked 7,307 Times in 3,917 Posts
Congratulations, good luck!
__________________


http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...iosarcoma.html Toby's thread

Sam (Golden Sam of Benning) 11/20/1983 - 6/18/1989
Samuel (Rachel's Tribute to Sam) 5/5/1989 - 10/23/2001
Toby, ( Rachel's Topsy Turvy Toby) my heart dog 3/12/2003 - 3/30/2013, I miss you Toby!
Thunder (lab mix): 3/12/2001 - 1/2/2014, I miss you Thunder!
Dachsi ( dachsh.) born 3/12/2010
Ben - Harborview Tugging At My Heart Strings born 11/16/2013
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Rainheart's Avatar
Mizzou 2017 Vet Student!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,487
(OP)
Thanks: 264
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,778 Posts
I didn't see this until now, but thanks for answering my pm! I appreciate it all your advice so far. Tried calling again today and no one was there- typical college campus I guess was closed for the week. Why send out invites and then be closed so I can't talk to anyone about it? Well anyone, mom says to wait until Monday and call again. THEN we will book a plane.

Thanks again for everyone's support! No news from any of the other schools yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbysan View Post
I live right outside of Kansas City, south of the airport. If you need any information or help from the KC airport or anything else, please contact me. I am 2 hours from Columbia.

I also know people that are very familiar with the Mizzou campus, undergraduate, so if you have any questions whatsoever I can get you some answers.

I went there to visit last year, it is maybe 4 miles from I-70.

Also, while you are there, try to visit Shakespeare's Pizza. It is a big Mizzou hangout and has one of the best pizzas in the country. You can probably get a good feel of what campus life would be there. Everybody that visits Columbia always makes a stop there.
__________________
Crescent's Getting Lucky in the Burg CD RE NJP CGC

Mizzou Playing at Fenway Park RN CGC


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rainheart For This Useful Post:
cubbysan (11-24-2012)
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Rainheart's Avatar
Mizzou 2017 Vet Student!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,487
(OP)
Thanks: 264
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,778 Posts
UPDATE:

I booked my flight this morning. A lot of the interview times were being taken so I figured I had better book now rather than wait until tomorrow to talk to them. I am glad I did since every flight is in the afternoon and almost all the morning interviews are taken.
I am flying into Columbia from Dullas DC (with a lay-over in Atlanta) and same for the return trip.

My interview is at 7:30am on Sunday morning and I fly out at 12:20 that afternoon.

I hope this all goes well! Still need to book a hotel but that I will wait until I talk to them tomorrow.
__________________
Crescent's Getting Lucky in the Burg CD RE NJP CGC

Mizzou Playing at Fenway Park RN CGC


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainheart For This Useful Post:
CAROLINA MOM (11-26-2012), GoldensGirl (11-25-2012)
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM
coppers-mom's Avatar
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 9,613
Thanks: 827
Thanked 3,665 Times in 2,237 Posts
Fingers crossed and prayers said for a safe and successful trip!
__________________

Copper's Mom (always)
Gotcha 10/2004 - lost ya 10/2010
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Bentleysmom's Avatar
AKA: Joyce

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SE MI
Posts: 7,445
Thanks: 9,454
Thanked 14,424 Times in 4,353 Posts
__________________
BROKEN CRAYONS STILL COLOR
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
SheetsSM's Avatar
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,314
Thanks: 1,841
Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,078 Posts
Congrats & best of luck on the interview! MU is a great school & I know Dirks Fund uses them quite a bit for the special needs rescues.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
OutWest's Avatar
Preeminent Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: El Dorado County, CA
Posts: 10,358
Thanks: 13,765
Thanked 9,685 Times in 5,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainheart View Post
UPDATE:

I booked my flight this morning. A lot of the interview times were being taken so I figured I had better book now rather than wait until tomorrow to talk to them. I am glad I did since every flight is in the afternoon and almost all the morning interviews are taken.
I am flying into Columbia from Dullas DC (with a lay-over in Atlanta) and same for the return trip.

My interview is at 7:30am on Sunday morning and I fly out at 12:20 that afternoon.

I hope this all goes well! Still need to book a hotel but that I will wait until I talk to them tomorrow.
Wow. 7:30 on Sunday morning. Those people are working hard. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
__________________
Kathleen, mom to one human, age 19, two canines, and a bunch of fish.
I bought the dogs a ranch, part one
I bought the dogs a ranch, part two




Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Golden Retriever Forum .com
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71