Join Date: Jul 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5,555 Times in 2,435 Posts
Author: Stan Rawlinson
Dog Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any
separation from you will be painful remember
that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock
me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends.
I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understands your words,
I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could
easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate,or lazy,
ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I
might not be getting the right food, or I have been out to
long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go
with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to
watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything
is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
Remember that I love you.