Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Green poop?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  kblinkgirlie182 
#1 ·
So I am finally getting Buddy to walk on his leash and we went walking on a trail by our house and we stopped for him to pee and poop and his poop was green? It was of regular consistency, only green instead of brown. Any ideas as to what might cause this?

#3 ·
No greenies in about a week and the only milkbones he eats are the plane tan colored ones. It was a dark green color like grass only I know he hasn't eaten any grass because there is none here. He hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary that I know of and he has been acting the same otherwise. Just pooping green..

#5 ·
lol we don't have any of that here. He just eats dog food. We recently switched his food because he seemed to have gotten bored with the other food he was eating.. we made sure to mix the foods together and gradually get him eating the new stuff.. his poop was normal up until today when it came out green.

#6 ·
Several foods will cause green poops :D, Trix Yogurt, grape Koolaid, etc....anything like that that has food coloring in it. Another thing that can cause green poops is certain berries that he may be eating while out on his walks. My chickens are pooping green right now because of the berries that they are eating from a bush in their pasture.

#8 ·
sometimes its hard to figure out what they have gotten into....usually i just keep my eye on things but i find all kinds of things when i am either picking up poop after them while on a walk or in the yard...little peoples heads(fisher price toy) lol, stick pieces, plastic, you name it i am always after my two not to eat stuff but they always seem to find something the only toy they can have now are the nylabones.(they are not allowed to eat the kids toys but sneak them) and yes anything with food colouring will change the colour of their poop maybe even from the food change who knows...i hope it goes away and things are okay....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.