Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Letting go of a sweet old girl

2K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  Macretriever 
#1 ·
My sweet girl, Havana has been in Kidney failure since the fall. At 13, we weren't surprised and just wanted her to be comfortable in her last few months. She ran and played with the ball like nothing was even wrong. The past few weeks however have been up and down. January 29, 2013 was her 14th birthday. Yesterday (Jan 31) we decided it was her time and made an appointment with the vet for first thing in the morning. Being the sweet, considerate girl she always was, she died in her sleep instead. Rest in peace sweet girl.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
So sorry for your loss of Havana. That really is a lovely picture of her that you've posted. You were lucky to have her so long but even 14 yrs. seems too short. Our Zeke went the same way . . . I felt like it was a blessing for him and for us. May her memories linger with you forever.

Reactions: Mac'sdad
#11 ·
I am very sorry for your loss. She is such an amazing girl, she chose the time to come into your life and made decision on her own when to leave.
Run free, play hard, sleep softly sweet Havana girl.

#13 ·
I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Havana. She looks so peaceful floating there. More than 14 years is a long time, and I trust that you have LOTS of sweet memories to help you through this difficult time. May you find peace knowing that she is no longer suffering.

#18 ·
14 glorious years I am sure! Havana is such a beautiful girl ~ LOVE the photo of her floating on the tube! Your post brought back fond memories of our girl who passed, and I cried just a little for your loss knowing how much it hurts. Blessed for her long years, blessed by her passing within dreams.

#19 ·
I am so sorry for your loss of Havana. What a beautiful girl she is. That picture of her floating on her tube is worth framing - it reflects her beautiful regal personality.
Rest peacefully Havana - look for our Oakley at the bridge :)
Carol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.