Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Irish Wolfhound Natalie Pics

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Pixie 
#1 ·
I have a few new pictures from this perspective... I broke my ankle in a few places last week ... so have had my butt fused to the recliner... so I have taken some pictures of the adorable Natalie... the black dog (FCR) is my Meir and he is honestly her best friend ...

Camo Hound on her futon....

Wolfhounds have this look of Joy that they get on their faces that my retrievers don't get ... I think I have seen the same look in staffies... but it is very different... I haven't been able to catch it yet... but I was laying on the futon and Nats came over and I almost got it...

I have been sleeping on the futon because I can't really get up our hardwood stairs... they are honestly treacherous... and Natalie has been enjoying me being downstairs... I woke up to this, this morning ...

Honestly these two love each other... she is laying on him and I dont know how he can be comfortable but he is a flat coat and they don't sleep like normal dogs

See less See more
#6 ·
I didn't know you got hurt. I hope you are up and around soon. They are such big hugable looking dogs.

Reactions: Shalva
#8 ·
I have to look at the pictures from work. My daughter is in love with the Irish wolfhounds and has asked me couple times to pull Shalva's pictures from the signature to see Natalie AGAIN. Luckily I can only log in from home with my fingerprint. Natalie is absolutely gorgeous.
Did you do gymnastics at the gym? :) I hope you will get better soon.

Reactions: Shalva
#18 ·
Love the Natalie pics. 9 dogs and a whole bunch of other critters and a broken ankle..that's a lot to deal with.
Last January I injured my knee . Physio was incredibly helpful. A lot of things just take time to heal. It's hard to be patient when you want to be doing all the things you normally do.
Hope the pain is not too bad and your ankle heals quickly.

#19 ·
Ohhh broken ankles suck! I broken mine, stretched ligaments and tendons. For years after the break (even 20 years later it the right ankle I always roll) I do not have near the stability. The slightest unexpected of level surface and down ya go. I was active duty on a remote tour. I should have had surgery and didn't. Instead I got Motrin and crutches for a few weeks. Now wonder how much headache surgery would have saved me?

Highly recommend a ankle brace whenever you know you will be off road terrain. Avoid narrow shoes, the wider the better to help with stability. when you try a pair of shoes on I out of habit anymore try to see how easy it is to roll them over with some weight on the shoe.

Not a one size fits all example but my experience: New Balance=Good K-Swiss= Bad. Arch support is just as important.

#20 ·
I'm so sorry you got hurt! But I bet seeing that face when you woke up made you happy!

They smile with their whole face don't they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.