Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Meet Gibbs! :)

15K views 154 replies 56 participants last post by  DanaRuns 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the new addition to my family. He is "Gibbs" Ridgeview's In Hot Pursuit (BIS BISS GCH CH Summits Sonny Side Up SDHF x Am. CH Ridgeview's A Night At The Roxbury), and he is ours, and we shall love him, and cuddle him, and pay ungodly sums of money for him. :)

This little guy was a pretty clear pick. These puppies were not easy to stack, as they had never been on a table before. Kept sliding on the towel. Got bored pretty quickly. So the photos aren't very well set up, but this is what goldenjackpuppy was able to snap. :) I don't know what's going on up by his neck, but that's the only thing I really don't like about him. He has great personality and is very showy. And he's a total love bug, too, as you can see him here with TheresaD.

Thanks very much to goldenjackpuppy for how awesome she was helping with the evaluations and taking all these photos (and a zillion more).

And say hello to my leetle friend! :D

See less See more
#11 ·
I disagree that he didn't have the best structure of the group....was that what you took away from it? I don't think that was what anyone thought. We all thought he definitely DID have the best structure. What we were talking about in relation to red boy was that red boy's front assembly was slightly better, but that white overall was the better puppy...picking for the total package versus just one body part. And the neck is all fluff, that's why Rebecca put her had there so we could see the length of neck and true topline. That's also why Melissa wet him down later since he was so fluffy :)

Very excited for you guys!

#14 · (Edited)
He is definitely fluffy! :)

That's not exactly what I "took away from it." Sorry if I made it sound so simplistic, I just didn't want to get into a detailed discussion of a pup I didn't pick. I don't know whether you all would agree, and I listened to everyone and took what they had to say into account, but for me it was't just Red's front. Obviously, White was the best pick. It wasn't even close. My opinion is that white has the best balance and overall look, but Red not only had a better front but other things too -- he just didn't put it all together like White did. And he certainly did not have the personality. But I'm happy to hear you liked White's structure best, since I picked him and not the others. :D And I am thrilled with him. So that should tell you what I really feel! :)

Now I look forward to sleepless nights, loss of property, and spending every dollar I earn on him. :D

Thank you again for all the work you did, and snapping a zillion pictures. Given how squirmy and slippery they all were on the table, I'm pretty pleased that you got some good ones!

#18 ·
Awe finally!! Welcome Gibbs - can't wait to see all the pictures of you growing up!! I'm a few weeks ahead of you with Keisel. Let me know how your first week goes and how tired you get haha. Best of luck with restful nights for the both of you!

Reactions: DanaRuns
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.