Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Penny turned 11

2K views 26 replies 26 participants last post by  KiwiD 
#1 ·
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

I haven't been on the forum much but wanted to tell you that Penny had her 11th birthday a couple of weeks ago. And her senior wellness exam last week. Passed with flying colors.

Keeping her weight under control is still an ongoing effort but we're so blessed to have our sweet, healthy and happy girl with us. She's overjoyed that we wake up each morning. I wish I could capture some of that innocent enthusiasm for each new day!

Nothing much going on here...just rolling thru winter from one day to another.

Hope you all are well, too!

#14 ·
Happy happy birthday! Hope you had a golden day!

#19 ·
Happy belated birthday Penny!

I'm glad you passed your wellness exam too!

:)

#22 ·
Thank you all for so many good wishes. They are all appreciated from the bottom of our hearts.

I see her slowing down just a bit...naps are longer, sleep is sounder. But she still drives me crazy EVERY NIGHT stealing papers out of the recycle bag, sneaks downstairs to steal my work out socks, brings me the clean laundry with that prancy catch-me-if-you-can walk, spins in circles while biting at my feet. The puppy is still in there!

And when we're at the barn, she lays by the door watching the world go by. I can almost hear her thinking "Life is good". :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.