Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Have a major announcement!!!!!

37K views 393 replies 139 participants last post by  PrincessDi 
#1 ·
:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

We woke up this morning kidless and will be going to bed with 2 golden boys!! I was working from home this morning and received the following email from Claire's Friend:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2253102459.6534.100158413413843&type=1&ref=nf
There are a pair of 5 yr. old golden retriever brothers that need a new home TOGETHER here on Whidbey Island. The owner says they need a better home - they are outside farm dogs, who have a blanket to sleep on. Owner says they need routine vaccinations, and wants to place them herself. Here's a picture and call XXXXXXXX if you know of the perfect home.

I called and left a message and she called us back. My husband is on the way home with them. Will probably be at least 3 more hours before they get home. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!! We are going to be going to Pet Co right away and getting toys, a good quality food, tags, shampoo, etc, etc,

We will take lots of before and after pictures of them to post for everyone.

They will never spend another night outside, but will be in bed with us, if they would like to be!!
Here is the only picture that I have of them right now. Can hardly wait for those golden kisses that my husband is enjoying all the way from Whidbey Island!!

Attachments

See less See more
#199 ·
Once they get that matting taken care, imagine how painful that must be:(, if it's even possible you'll have two even happier Golden's.:)

Looking forward to some more smiles from the boy's.:)

Pete

Reactions: PrincessDi
#201 ·
Actually, we tried to get them into a vet this morning and they were all booked. There are only 2 open 1/2 day on Saturdays. But the vet recommended an excellent groomer that they send all of the kids that have issues like this one. The groomer was booked, but is working them in. She felt that it was bad, but nothing that they can't fix. They seem wonderful and very caring! Baker is in the worse shape. I'm sure there are a couple of areas that they will have to practically shave. But they said they will only cut closely what they have to.

Not sure what time they will be done, but will post pictures when they are home again. This house is so empty and lonely without them! They've been prancing around the house, so I'm sure they will really be prancing now!

Last night Baker was on the couch between us rolling around from side to side doing the golden roll! They are both very competitive for the affection. I'm sure they've been having to compete their whole life for a tiny amount of attention. They will adjust quickly. They will realize that there is plenty of love to go around.

Will post pictures tonight when we can. Promise!!

#203 ·
So just picked the boys up!! The groomers were wonderful and fell in love with them. She couldn't find any lumps!! Said actually to have been outside, their coats were healthy and they weren't that bad. Baker has some scabs from the poop and matting, but it isn't that bad for what they came through. They didn't find any ticks or foxtails. She said their ears look good too, but the vet will check everything out more at their wellness check. She said they had a happy ans sweet disposition and they were friendly with all of the dogs and display no agressions!

Can't say how empty our homes were until we were able to get them back again!

Here are a few after pictures!

Thanks so much for everyone's support and helping us welcome these sweet boys into their forever homes!

Attachments

#215 ·
Thanks for the new pics. They look so happy. Love their grins! They do look very shiny. I'm sure you will find even more differences in the coming weeks.

Reactions: PrincessDi
#219 ·
Thank you thank you for saving these precious Goldens.

#225 ·
Part 1

I can start the story and let Pam finish. I have a Face Book account for animal stuff, mostly rescue. I check it every morning to see if my help is needed .One of my good friends, Staci, from Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies had "shared" the flyer on the boys. This is not the first mulit-state rescue Staci and I have worked on together, we make a great team.
Anyway, Pam and Steve (who are delightful :p:) stopped by to see us a couple weeks ago. Of course they both fell under the spell of little J and I could tell how much they missed having dogs. We talked a little about them getting another one, but life was so hectic at that point, it didn't seem like much of an option. Our visit was way too short, but they needed to be on their way. Jordan and I missed them before they had gotten out of the driveway:(.
So when I read the flyer and saw the dogs were in the same state (I had no idea they were 3 hours way!) I thought I am just going to send this to Pam and let her decide....
They said "YES" and our wild Wednesday began.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.