Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

I have braced myself for this day for so long

31K views 333 replies 49 participants last post by  cgriffin 
#1 ·
I have braced myself for this day for so long as Tia is now 12.
The vet thinks Tia has cancer:(

She developed a lump on her side (muscle) which has increased significantly over the past month or so. We thought that it was just another fatty tumor. However apparently it is full of blood and it is growing. The vet thinks that it could be hemangiosarcoma.

The thought of her suffering is unbearable. I have no idea what to expect. I am wondering if it is safe to let her jump out of the car?

She has a history of partial seizures, panting and feeling hot to the touch. We are wondering how this all fits together. She does sometimes talk out of the blue. Other than this she is not miserable or lethargic. She loves to go on walks and her sparkly personality still shines through.

Can anyone offer any insight of what we might expect?
What do you wish someone told you when you first found out?

We have just put an order in for some Yunnan Biayoa and tumeric/curcumin.

See less See more
#329 ·
What a beautiful rose. Of course, beauty is what it has to be, because Tia is growing it.

Reactions: Doug
#330 ·
Tia's rose is beautiful like she was. I don't know why I am crying right now, maybe just a thought of how many beautiful ones we lost makes me so sad. But when I think how much love was shared I feel this world is better place because they were here.

#331 ·
I hear you. My golden Amber was diagnosed with leukemia in early January and she was 9 years old. . I went with the chemo as her quality of life was good, she ate, played, played frisbee, etc. I looked to the quality of her life. I was so thankful to have some more time with her, like Catalina said. We embraced everyday and she had her favorite treats and went to her favorite places. Enjoy each day -:)

#333 ·
I remember those days well-- it hits you when you least expect it. You gave Tia a wonderful life. You are right in that we have a special angel on our sides, and they will always be there!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Reactions: Karen519 and Doug
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.