Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Coolaroo pet bed

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Tennyson 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has tried a Coolaroo bed for their golden. I've always thought about making something like this but realized they already exist. Really good idea to keep my 2 cool in the summer- even though they live indoors. I'm gonna try a couple of em & am not sure what size to buy. The manufacturer's website shows a golden on a large & also a Husky(?) on a medium. I'd like to get mediums so they can both sit in the same area. Wondering what size to get if anybody owns one for their golden?

Coolaroo.

Medium Size Steel Pet Bed Terracotta-434403 at The Home Depot

#3 ·
I've never tried one but know that the shelters around here ask for donations of them (or at least something very similar judging by the pictures). Looking at the sizes, I would probably go with a large to be safe. Maybe order one, check the size and then order the other? Good luck, and let us know what you think! :)

#4 ·
We bought a several but the open areas by the corners allowed for chewing. One bed lasted but the fabric has stretched and sagged. I would not waste my money.

We moved on to the kundra beds. They cost more but they last like none other and the dog love them.

#8 ·
I have two large ones for the outside covered patio. They use them most when the concrete is sweating due to the humidity or when it is really hot. However, now that I know they like that kind of bed I would go and pay the extra money for a Kuranda. Not because the Coolaroo do not hold up but because of what I perceive as a design problem at the corners. The Coolaroo's have open corners where a leg could get caught while the Kurandas don't. Buying a Coolaroo just to see if the dogs will use one might save you money if they decided they hate that kind of bed.

#9 ·
Kuranda Dog Beds - Orthopedic and Chewproof
These are what all three of the rescues in my area as well as the biggest boarding kennel and dog day care use. They are easy to clean last a really long time and I have not heard of anyone having any safety issues with them I have been eyeing them for awhile ")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.