Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Nutrisca Salmon, comments or thoughts

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  WasChampionFan 
#1 ·
Anyone try Dogswell Nutrisca Salmon or Eagle Holistic Select Anchovey, Sardine and Salmon? My boys chew and scratch on their feet, legs and whatever they can reach with anything with chicken and potato in. Currently using Fromm Duck w/Sweet potato with great improvement. Also, what is the difference between potato and sweet potato allergy wise?

#2 ·
Anyone try Dogswell Nutrisca Salmon or Eagle Holistic Select Anchovey, Sardine and Salmon? My boys chew and scratch on their feet, legs and whatever they can reach with anything with chicken and potato in. Currently using Fromm Duck w/Sweet potato with great improvement. Also, what is the difference between potato and sweet potato allergy wise?
As rare as food allergies are, if you notice something when your dog eats chicken and potato, chances are its the chicken.

Neither white potatoes or sweet potatoes are linked to allergic reactions that I am aware of.

The Eagle looks like a nice food, people love it and its been around a long time.

Annamaet makes two great fish formulas, Option and Aqualuk and a really great red meat formula called Manitok, with no chicken, chicken fat or eggs.

Dr. Tim's should have a Bison formula out in a few months.

#3 ·
He will start scratching, chewing on his feet etc within the same afternoon when he eats chicken based foods. Since he has been on either salmon or duck he does exihibit the same behavior. Any thoughts on the Nustrisca? Ideally, would like to have an alternative of a food that can also be bought locally...incase mail order delays (had a 7 day delay due to the last snow storm).

#4 ·
He will start scratching, chewing on his feet etc within the same afternoon when he eats chicken based foods. Since he has been on either salmon or duck he does exihibit the same behavior. Any thoughts on the Nustrisca? Ideally, would like to have an alternative of a food that can also be bought locally...incase mail order delays (had a 7 day delay due to the last snow storm).
Looks ok, no pea protein concentrate like many other foods.

Try it and see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.