Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

http://goldenretriever.marylandpuppiesforsale.com/

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  vcm5 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This appears to be a puppy broker. Typically the dogs they sell will come from puppy mills. I would not deal with this organization, period the end.

If you are looking for a good breeder, please post where you are located or how far you are willing to travel and I am sure the board members will be able to recommend good breeders in your area.

#10 ·
John you are in luck. It looks like there is a show on the17-20 right in your back yard. It is the Carroll KC and Annapolis KC dog shows. They are being held at...
Howard County Fairgrounds
2210 Fairgrounds Road
West Friendship, MD

This would be a great place to meet breeders that are in your area. Also, a great way to network. Sometimes if a breeder does not have anything now, they know someone who will. The show is closing on the 2nd. Usually the superintendent puts up the number of dogs entered shortly after and the ring schedule about a week out from the show. Here is a link to Mb-F the superintendent InfoDog - Dog Shows Held January 14, 2013 - January 20, 2013

Reactions: Claudia M
#12 ·
Laura - thanks for the tip on the dog show. I'll have to check that out.

Delmarva's website says they won't have any puppies available until Fall 2013. The Chesapeake Golden Retriever Club sent me a list of local breeders, so I'll be checking them out too. Thanks all for your help and advice!

John Dorsey

#15 ·
Laura - thanks for the tip on the dog show. I'll have to check that out.

Delmarva's website says they won't have any puppies available until Fall 2013. The Chesapeake Golden Retriever Club sent me a list of local breeders, so I'll be checking them out too. Thanks all for your help and advice!

John Dorsey
You can also try the Potomac Valley Golden Retriever Club as well.

#13 ·
Not sure what your timeline is, but one way to approach finding a pup is to locate a breeder first that you click with and has phenomenal goldens and then wait for the right litter as opposed to just looking for an available puppy.

#14 ·
As I have mentioned on other threads - IMHO don't rely on a website - go and meet the breeder, try to develop a relationship with the breeder way before you settle on a puppy. That relationship will mean more in the long run than anonymous posts on the web.

#16 ·
Good luck with your search! My one suggestion is that you will probably find that you have much better luck with finding a truly quality litter if you widen your time frame a little. Most puppies are spoken for before they are born, leaving a minimum of eight weeks for them to be old enough to take home. So if you are waiting to wait a few months for the right puppy and to get on waiting lists and etc, you will end up with a great dog I'm sure. My breeder, for example, is planning another litter but not for a few months. I'm sure the puppies will be spoken for and there will be a list before the breeding even happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.