Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Are pups normally taller in back?

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Always51 
#1 ·
Bentley is taller in the back then he is at the withers by almost 2", is this normal? I've seen it happening but thought his front would catch up to his back....thoughts?

I never noticed it with my adult GR's

This pic shows it a little but I'll get a better pic today..

See less See more
#10 ·
Joyce you ought to attend one of the Int'l shows where a pup can be shown from 12 wks to 6 mo. for their first title. Just about every breed is high in the rear during this time and it is so funny to watch. Little bottoms definately higher and honestly is so cute. Yes most even out by the next age group 6-9 mo, but by then they are also looking more like the adult breed they will become. I love the age when the rear grows faster than the front, the ears may be a bit on the funny side of up where they are going to stay but one happens to be a bit lower for a while. Haa just so much a part of the "puppy faze" they soon lose.

When Cooper was 15 wks and all lopsided he was 1 1/2 in higher in the rear, his chest measured bigger than he was tall and he had a way of cocking his head that made one ear look a bit lower than the other. Then his head started growing and for a few weeks he really seemed to be a Hard Work in Progress. Had all our gang cracking up and sadly a lot of nick names were given, but a few months later, everything came together to the adult he now is growing into.

Laugh a lot at this stage and enjoy it, because it too leaves quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.