Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Remi is Pregnant!! :-)

14K views 134 replies 52 participants last post by  K9-Design 
#1 ·
I have anxiously waited and waited to post on here...but today I am finally going to post that Remi is Due next Friday, December 28th. Her and daddy, Fisher (k9design), are expected to have 6 to 7 little "fishies" or as I am going to call them "duckies!"

I can not wait and hopefully it will be an easy delievery and we have healthy, beautifully babies! Of course, I will post pictures on here and trying to set up a web cam of some type! I will be keeping a female and another forum member will hopefully be getting male to do obedience, agility, hunt or whatever the owners heart desires!

I expect big things from this litter!

Sorry, I just could not hold back any longer!

The litter theme is "Dat." So, I will need ideas later on that one! Two families already have names picked out. I will post pictures soon...all I have now is the xray of baby skeletons! Not very cute!

#27 ·
I see 5 for sure..maybe six. Its hard the image is a little grainy. No one is turned in the right direction yet either! Cant wait to hear and see how many little ones she has!

#28 ·
I see five or six little bundles. Can't wait to see them! I so so want another puppy but I promised DH we will wait until Rose is completely trained and more mature.

#29 ·
I see five or six little bundles. Can't wait to see them! I so so want another puppy but I promised DH we will wait until Rose is completely trained and more mature.

#30 ·

#34 ·
What exciting news :)
And how wonderful that you'll have a terrific new camera... we will be all set for TONS of puppy photos! So exciting to see Fisher puppies, I bet these puppies will be so talented! Fingers crossed for an easy birth and lots of healthy babies. Keep us posted!!!

#35 ·
Congrats!! I haven't been on here much and I probably won't be for the next little bit, with everything we have going on, so I wanted to throw out a name suggestion now. lol My vote is for "All Dat Jazz", call name Jazz or Jazzy.

#36 ·
I'm so excited for you!! :) I can't wait to watch her progress and see all the pictures of all the puppies! You are going to have a goregous litter!!

#37 ·
Oh come on Kelli aren't you going to name your puppy "Rhythm's All Dat N A Bag of Chips" HAHAHAHAHA
This could get fun :)
As "grandma" do I get final veto on the name??

#39 ·
I did think of that one but was not sure about a call name for a girl!

Another forum member who hopefully will be getting a male has knight on it too which I love how she brought that in too!

#38 ·
Gotta have a Who Dat!

Reactions: Suni52
#40 ·
Hence where I got the idea :) lol! And name her Brees?

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM
#43 ·
Wanted to give you guys an update...! We are just waiting for miss Remi to decide when it is time! Her due date is today...but I think she wants New Years babies! We are just playing the waiting game now! I have attached some pictures of the "empty" whelping box my husband made for me. And Remi today laying on top of her ball after some fetch!

Attachments

#44 ·
Doing this from my phone!! Ugh

Attachments

#45 ·
That is super fancy! Lucky you and Remi. My guys usually drop their temp to 96/97 within a day of whelping. And mine frequently have first stage labor(excessive panting, not eating, and restlessness) for about 18 hours... Have fun and good luck!

#48 ·
Good Luck!! Cant wait to hear that she had the little ones! That is a nice looking box!

#51 ·
If we only knew what she wanted to say with that look she is giving you in the last picture! I just saw this thread and what a great breeding you have planned. I'm envious and would have loved a pup from Remi and Fisher. Good Luck! Will you have anyone helping you with cleaning the pups then weighing and tagging babies? Years ago, we had a Golden with a much anticipated breeding and we had so many people coming over to check on everything that the neighbors thought we had had a death in the family.

#53 ·
Haha! Yes, I have some people who will come help and also people on standby for a phone call. I might have a pup available ;-)

Her temp is now 98.1 and she is panting... So hopefully soon!

#54 ·
Mine usually have their first pup on my padded couch...and as I said, their temp goes way lower than 98.... First stage labor can last for hours...

#55 ·
Ooooooh! I am so glad I checked this thread. How exciting! These puppies are going to be gorgeous. :smooch: Remi is so pretty and Fisher is a very handsome dog. Hope you post lots and lots of baby pictures and I hope that Remi has an easy labor and delivery. Great nursery, BTW.

#56 ·
Sounds promising that it will be soon! Expect it to be at 2 am lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.