Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

My bailey is roughly 3.5 weeks pregnat and not wanting to eat

589 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eddiematch 
#1 ·
Hello my girl had tied 3.5 weeks ago and I take her for blood test next week to be sure but I am pretty positive she is with puppies had her wieghted at vet yesterday she has put on 4.5 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I have gradually added earthborn holistic puppy food to her diet but the past few days she has been not really eating. (she is eating just not like usuall) Prior she was on earth born costal catch which she liked and it is mixed in with the puppy food she is getting. should I be concerned? As well as she had been getting hotspots I took her to vet to make sure. it was indeed hotspots. they are better but is it normal for them to get them caused by pregnacy? This is her 2nd and last litter. Do not remember having these issues last time. my vet said she is in good health so am i just worrying for nothing?

Thanks for reading

Thanks for reading

#2 ·
Some bitches are sick and go off their food for a couple of days at 3 weeks and I had one that really wouldn't eat throughout her preganacy. Feed her little and often what ever she will eat, puppy food is best. Try adding pilchards or something really tasty to her food and see if that helps Annef

#4 ·
I will try adding a bit of gravy to her food. How about the hot spots? is that normal? I have been making sure she is properly rinsed and dried and have been treating them with polysporin which the vet said to use I just feel bad for her this pregnacy seems to be hard on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.