Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
14K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Michele4 
#1 ·
HI!! This is my first post, I dont have a gr but am planning to and as you can see I kinda have decided on the name Dakota. I am looking at supplies I will need and for brushes I will be getting a slicker brush and a comb but really want to reduce shedding, but does the furminator really work and is it ok to use. Im really clueless but have been researching dogs for years I really want my first dog to have a great life and I want to do everything correctly (most thing at least) If anyone has owned a furminator can you tell me your experiences and if it is worth the money. And if it isn't a good brush can tell me some other good brushes and if there are tips you could give me on things that would help with shedding. And sorry if this is getting long but any good breeders you would recommend in BC or Alberta?

Thanks!
Peace

#29 ·
Hi- I too am also new!

I love your post asking about the furminator. We have had great success with ours. However, we do not use in frequently. Mostly during shedding season. Also, if you are worried about cost, we bought ours off of ebay new for $12 each. (We bought one for our parents golden for christmas) The price was a big thing that held us off from buying one- but we are so glad we did. Hope this helps!

#30 ·
Darnit! I wish I found these posts sooner. I was using the furminator almost daily and noticed my girl with layered choppy hair. But it does work in getting lots of hair out.

What's a good every day brush? I have one with silver bristles and she doesn't like it at all (heck it feels uncomfy on my skin too).

Is the undercoat rake/mars coat stripper to be used with a daily brush?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.