Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

we find out tomorrow

445 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Holly 
#1 ·
which girl will be ours! i told the breeder i was sending lots of good dog, happy, mellow, easily trainable vibes her way for us.

So excited and it's so hard keeping the secret from the boys. Just 6 more days until I can let them in on the secret on Christmas morning! (we'll be wrapping up a pic of the puppy from the breeder with a collar, leash and name tag to put under the tree. The actual puppy will arrive to us around 1/6/13 or so at almost 9 weeks.)

Waiting stinks but I'm really trying to enjoy the last weeks of sleep. Please tell me that I can eventually get the dog to sleep late on the weekends sometimes?!

#2 ·
It is so hard to wait and waiting for the breeder to decide which one will be yours is really hard. I think it is really good that you will get her right after the excitement of Christmas has passed so she will be considered a perm. part of the family, not just a Christmas gift. Yes, eventually you will get to sleep in a bit on weekends, but honestly our routine just slipped up so we get up earlier. Thank the Lord our goldens are so loving and forgiving. Many times we get up early and let them out then invite them into the bed to try to catch a few more winks.

Puppyhood is the only barrier to all this. Pups have their own time schedule and hit the ground smiling and wanting the day to start. Love pups, but enjoy it more when they start settling down.

Hope your breeder will send a current picture of the one she picks for you. Rely on her choice as she has been with them 24/7 and really knows the personalities now. How much fun and the anticipation is 1/2 of it. I spent a fortune on puppy things in the time we waited!

#3 ·
Congrats! You must be so excited.

You may get to sleep in. I do fairly regularly because the two Goldens are in crates overnight. Tucker has been crated since gotcha day, and he sleeps in just great.

Good luck, and don't stint on posting pictures! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.