Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

SoCal Meetup!

108K views 680 replies 60 participants last post by  Max's Dad 
#1 ·
I saw an old thread for this but nothing seemed to come of it. So my SoCal friends, let's meet up!

I know it's not warm, so the beach may be out of the question, but anyone want to try a snow day at Big Bear sometime around the beginning of the year? Say, the weekend of January 5?

Eventually it'd be cool to get a weekly/monthly thing going but for now let's start with that ;)

Reactions: Melfice and Champ
#33 ·
It sounds like a date, then, so far! All we need is DanaRuns to give us a yay or nay. I'm excited to spend a Saturday surrounded by Goldens :)

#35 ·
And I got the private message! :)

Okay, here's what everyone needs to do. Everyone who is coming needs to PM or email me their full name, so I can put everyone on the list to get into Coto de Caza. If you don't give me your name, you won't be able to get in. My email address is danaruns@gmail.com, oddly enough.

I will create the list and post it to the gate guards. Then you just get there, give them your name, and they will give you a pass to get in. I think if you ask them for directions to the dog park, they can actually print that out on your pass, for you. But I will post directions here when it gets closer.

Yay! :)

#40 ·
Your PM will be sent momentarily, Dana :)

Do you need just the member/driver's name or do you need their name + any guests? (ex, spouses, children...)

#43 ·
The list is up to five people, so far. C'mon folks, let's get this party going. :)

The only thing bugging me is that I won't have our new puppy by then. :( Just another reason to make this a monthly event. :)

Now I really regret not having a pool. If I had a pool, we could have a great Golden pool party. Time to put one in! :D

#50 ·
I don't know how many humans. I have six humans on the list, but I don't know if people are coming singly or in pairs or groups. With me, it's both me and my partner, TheresaD. So if everyone else comes solo, that's 8 humans.

Since I'm hoping to provide some drinks for people, it would probably be a good idea to figure out how many humans there will be, huh? :doh:

I can't wait to meet Max! (And you too, David. ;) )

#60 ·
Darn, sure wish we could join all of you.:( I know you will have a wonderful time.:)

Where exactly is the place you are meeting? I have never heard it and I have lived in Cali since 1972.
We are in the high desert, Palmdale, about an hour or so from LA.

#63 ·
Wow it looks like we have a couple more people coming, awesome :) I'll be two humans and two dogs, and was planning on bringing a case of water - anything else we would need for our group?

Thirding the Golden pool party!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.