Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Drooling puppy YUCK!

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  xoerika620xo 
#1 ·
so lately chester has been drooling a lot! when we were on our car ride to Petco he was drooling so much it was just dripping everywhere and i thought it was just because he was car sick but then today as he was napping when i woke him up for his walk his whole side of his face was wet and full of drool. im not sure if this is normal. does anyone else have a golden who drools a lot? its like i have a bulldog instead of a golden:doh: haha i just would like to know if this is normal.

#2 ·
This happened to Molly not too long ago. She woke up in a POOL of drool and I thought it was a weird one time occurrence, but she kept drooling the whole day especially when she was napping. I read that drooling could be due to nausea, and that's exactly what it was, because at the end of the day she threw up three times all close to each other. She stopped drooling after she threw up the third time and was fine.

#6 ·
Bump!

Just wanted to get some more feedback I came home today and Chester was really wet he was drooling again. Could it be stress of being in the crate? He's usually out all day except when I'm at class which is only from 8:30 till 2:20 on Tuesday's and Thursday's. He has a vet appointment for his rabie shot on Saturday so I'll be asking her this as well. I'm also wondering if it's the teething he just lost one of the big ones on the side ( I was able to grab it before he ate it) :) but I read somewhere his gums may be too big or something that's why he's drooling

#10 ·
How old is Chester? Loki is now 18 weeks old & no sign of any drooling. Will be interested to see what your vet says, just in case Loki starts doing it. Human babies can often drool with teething, so wonder if that could be the reason. If he still has a good appetite, I don't think it would be nausea.

#12 ·
I'd guess it's to do with teething but good idea to ask the vet. Mine drool when 1. Hungry, 2. Excited or 3. Stressed /nervous. I've never heard of a GR drooling for days on end, so I'd be inclined to think there is a reason for it, that it's not normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.