Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

December Photo Contest

6K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  Suni52 
#1 ·
Our November winner, General V, has chosen a lovely theme for December. As we all know, our Goldens are bundles of love and make great therapy dogs, and they are especially good with the very young and the old, so our theme for December is:

"May to December"

Let's see those photos of all our Goldies spreading the love to young and old, and carrying their sunshine where it is needed most - be it in a hospital, a nursing home, or with the younger or older members of your own family.

As always, you must have 25 posts to enter, and if you have already won in the current calendar year, you are not eligible. Please attach your photos rather than linking from a member album, as the latter are not visible to many of us. We will take entries until Sunday, December 23rd.

Good luck! :)

#14 ·
This isn't the best quality picture but it's Gunner, Honey my dad and I at the Assisted Living home. We have a special night once a month here. We visit with several people in the lobby then go to the floor where people cannot get out of bed. They always enjoy seeing us. I have several pictures from our nursing home visits but thought I would share this one with my dad.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

#18 · (Edited)
If hvgoldens4 enters photos of her Bailey and the Lori x Detour puppies that is in another thread here, I respectfully request my entry not be entered into the contest. She took a photo of her Bailey, to be 16 tomorrow, with the puppies and I believe it perfectly illustrates the contest theme this month.

This is a photo I took of our little Yogi with Bailey on Gotcha day last week:

#19 ·
Hey Anne! Technically, you can't post photos that you do not own, did not take, or didn't have permission to take (if it's not your dog). If Jennifer pops her head in and says "Go!", I'd love to include Grandma Bailey and the pups. Meanwhile, please feel free to post your photo of Bailey and Yogi! :)

#24 ·
My rescue Woody rescuing and providing comfort for my 86 year old Mom...:)

P1000359 by StillWaterGold, on Flickr

Another favorite of mine which I've posted before showing what I believe was the joy that Woody provided...

Tobysmommy I don't want these entered in the contest, as much as I enjoy it, I just don't fell right about voting on pictures like these. We lost my Mom back in 2011...I just wanted to share them with everyone as I think they represent the love that our wonderful goldens can provide...hope you understand :)

Pete

#26 ·
Child Nose Canidae Sporting Group Leg

Sadie snuggling up to my son with special needs. This is why we got a golden. She loves my son and doesn't smother anyone else with kisses like she does him. They are a match made in heaven. It amazes me how they are both so at ease around eachother.

#28 ·
This is Sparkles making Tink feel welcome only about a week after we brought her home. I thought I had lost this one when my drive crashed but was able to recover it

Attachments

Reactions: Wendy427
#29 ·
I'm not eligible to enter, but I wanted to share this photo of Enzo with my MIL just a few weeks before she passed away last month from lung cancer. She didn't have much of a voice at that point. Enzo kept trying to climb up in her home hospice bed with her and we kept telling him to get down. He went to climb up there again, so I decided I would physically pull his paws off the bed. That's when I realized that she was patting the bed next to her, trying to get him to climb up. He climbed up and laid on her legs and was SO incredibly gentle. I'm so proud of my boy.

Attachments

#33 ·
Love this. I can't say I blame her for wanting Enzo up on the bed for comfort. So sweet. So sorry for your loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.