Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

My sweet Bailey

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Dwyllis 
#1 ·
Unfortunately, we had to have Bailey put down on Friday. When I got home she picked up her head and acted like she was going to get up but just couldn't. Her eyes were saggy and red, and she was panting heavily. I called the vet and told them I didn't think my son and I would be able to get her in the car, so they agreed to come over (benefits of living in a small town and having caring vets). My husband and I sat with her, petted her and talked to her the entire time. I told her that soon she would be running in the fields near Rainbow Bridge with her sister, Cuervo. The vet took her to be cremated and put in the woods of Dr. Mark's farm. That is where all of our other animals have gone. The next step was to call my daughter at college and break the terrible news. Naturally, she took it hard but stated that she knew when she left at Thanksgiving that Bailey might not be here for Christmas.
Now I have to get used to her not being here.

Reactions: Karen519
#4 ·
So sorry to hear about Bailey. It is so hard to go through this, especially if it was a sudden illness. It really knocks the wind from you. So many of us on this forum know your pain, and sadness losing a beloved friend and "fur" baby. Bailey I'm sure found many, many friends at Rainbow Bridge, and someday when it's our time, we will cross the Bridge together. Praying for you and your family.

#6 ·
I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey!! Just remember, she's running wild and free with her sister Cuervo, feeling no pain at all. They will always be with you!

#13 ·
#14 ·
I am very moved by the outpouring of sympathy from everyone. I think that we are all doing ok, but we definitely have our moments. My college daughter called on Sat. night crying very hard saying it hit her again. Just sharing memories helps us all. Thanks again.

#15 ·
So very sorry for your loss of Bailey, it is so hard having to let them go even when we know we are doing the right thing for them.

Bailey will now be reunited with her sister and making many new friends at the bridge

Run free, play hard and sleep softly Bailey

#16 ·
I am so sorry - it is so difficult to lose our babies. We lost Oakley suddenly and unexpectedly the Friday before Bailey passed and I know the overwhelming pain. I will keep you and Bailey in my thoughts. Carol

#17 ·
Sorry for you loss. Too many of have felt the pain this year.

#19 ·
I am very sorry for your loss of sweet Bailey. So many of us know how you feel.
Run free, play hard, sleep softly dear Bailey girl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.