Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Wellness issue

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dallas Gold 
#1 ·
I have been using Wellness White Fish and sweet potatoe for many years with no issues until this week. I had been giving my dog their regular meal from a bag of Wellness when I noticed some of the kibble appeared to have bits of white plastic or some other foreign substance in the pieces of kibble. I saved some of the kibble and went back to Petsmart with my receipt and showed them the problem. They gladly refunded my money but unfortunately we can't inform Wellness of the exact product because I had already tossed out the bag since I transfer my kibble to an airtight container. I learned my lesson on that one and will always keep my bag. I'll write to Wellness anyway to let them know but now I am concerned about the product. I do realize anything can happen during production bu,t sheesh, there was white bits of something scattered throughout the kibble. I had already fed some to my dogs without noticing and fortunately they are fine.

#3 ·
I seem to recall from reading the Wellness site at some point when Toby was on it that there can be small fish bone chips in the fish formulas, but I think it's a good idea to call them anyway and ask about it. Every time I called them the CSR ended up sending me a discount coupon for my next bag of food.

#5 ·
Thanks, At first I thought it was bone pieces but both the manager at the store and I decided the bits seemed more like something else. Still, it is possible it was bone. I never noticed the kibble appearing like this before but maybe I didn't pay attention. PetSmart didn't even blink and gave me a refund. I did write Wellness though. I hate to have to change since my dogs have been doing GREAT with this food. Completely cleared up Beau's allergies when I had him and neither of the other dogs have ever had an issue.
I'll try again with a new bag from a different store and see if it appears the same.

Reactions: Dallas Gold
#4 ·
I had issues with Wellness many years ago. It food did not smell right and the dog got diahhrea when she ate it. Wellness, just gave me the run around, however, Petsmart gladly refunded the bag. The other bags of Wellness at the Petsmart you bought it from mostly have the same lot number. It would give Wellness a place to start if they are interested in investigating.

#9 ·
I feed Wellness. Eight years ago, I inadvertently fed my Tiki moldy Wellness puppy food. She ended up getting very sick at that time, which I attributed to the food. In any case, for,the most part, I am happy with Wellness.

Reactions: Dallas Gold
#10 ·
I was very happy with Wellness as well until Toby developed some sort of intolerance to one of the ingredients. We were on it the longest of everything we tried before we gave up and switched him to prescription food. If Toby didn't have such issues with food he'd be on it now.

If you join their email list they send out discount coupons at least once a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.