Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

One of THOSE people

4K views 62 replies 34 participants last post by  CarlosW9FE 
#1 ·
Well, it happened to me. Hubby mentioned getting a dog, the four of us all took compatibility tests online to find the perfect breed-we all got perfect match for goldens!-the boys started pushing for a puppy, more research was done, a breeder we liked was found, and now I am one of THOSE people.
The kind who show strangers pictures of their dog on their phone and spend hours online reading about everything from the perfect food (SO stressful!), to vitamins, to crate training, to house training and beyond. And today I did Black Friday shopping online for a puppy we don't even have yet.
I can't help myself!!!

Hi everyone-so glad to join your community. I have already gleaned much wisdom from these boards and am thankful you all take the time to share the ups and downs and lessons learned along the journey with your precious goldens.

Our sweet baby girl, named Thelma Lou, will be coming home with us in a little over two weeks. We are working hard to be ready for her and I do think we may be a little crazy to be bringing a puppy home in the middle of the Christmas season but we are sooooo excited to get her here!

I'll post some pictures when I find my phone. She's adorable. ;)

See less See more
Reactions: njoyqd
#35 ·
I'm from Albemarle and worked in Fayettville. Spent a month each year fishing out of Atlantic for over 2 decades. What a small world.

Max

#41 ·
WOW, Mom would have a blast with ya'll talking Tarheels vs Devils.

As for me, I'm a Clemson Tigers fan.

Max

#52 ·
Well clearly I posted too fast because the pix were there. She's beautiful. I'm sure your family will enjoy the adventure ahead of you. Hanging out with the puppy parents on GRF is always a great way to learn stuff!

#63 ·
Welcome the the group. I also find myself being one of THOSE people too. We're planning a spring pup and my wife tells everyone I've become obsessed with Goldens. Just can't help myself. Love the pics and hope to see more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.