Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

MI or WI breeders!

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ttruscott 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to this site. I stumbled upon it while looking up breeders of goldens. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend any breeders in Michigan (especially Upper Peninsula of Michigan), Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, or Minnesota. My family and I are looking for our first golden. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you - I look forward to meeting many new people and their golden babies! :)
-Tara

#10 ·
I have owned five Goldens now with Abby who is 13 weeks old. I got Abby from Asoro's, she is my first from Illene. I have to say even though I have only had her a few weeks I am really impressed with her dogs. I am also in touch with two other owners from the same litter and they are impressed with their new dogs as well. They are located in Northen Mi in Kalkaska which is just west of Traverse City on M 72.
www.asorosgoldens.com

Mike

#17 ·
I have owned five Goldens now with Abby who is 13 weeks old. I got Abby from Asoro's, she is my first from Illene. I have to say even though I have only had her a few weeks I am really impressed with her dogs. I am also in touch with two other owners from the same litter and they are impressed with their new dogs as well. They are located in Northen Mi in Kalkaska which is just west of Traverse City on M 72.
Untitled Document

Mike
Thank you for the reccomendation Mike! I emailed her to see if she had any litters planned for the spring. Her dogs are beautiful! :) Have fun with Abby!

#11 ·
Dichi Goldens in Portage, Wisconsin

We would highly recommend Dichi Goldens in Portage, Wisconsin. Very informative breeders with a long history of breeding champions. We got our 14 week old, Finn there are have been very happy with his disposition and looks!

Attachments

#18 ·
We would highly recommend Dichi Goldens in Portage, Wisconsin. Very informative breeders with a long history of breeding champions. We got our 14 week old, Finn there are have been very happy with his disposition and looks!
Finn is the cutest little guy! I just want to pick him up and cuddle him!!! :) I will definitely look into Dichi Goldens. Many people have recommended them! Thank you for your help!

#12 ·
@ttruscott

If you are looking for a hunting partner and a dog that you will train for performance events you need to look more at breeders who breed Performance Goldens. I would suggest contacting the following breeders in Michigan: Topmast, Wynwood and Glenbriar and let them know what you are looking for in a dog and see if they have upcoming breedings that would make sense for you. If they think so, some will require a lengthy application and phone discussions.

In Wisconsin, there is Webshire and Topflight.

If you post and ask for Performance Breeders there are others on the forum who will give suggestions.

#13 ·
Hush is a Michigan girl - I bought her from PointGold (Nitelite Goldens). Hush is just an incredible dog - natural retrieving instincts, beautiful conformation, smart, sweet, and sooooo HAPPY! But, Laura was so so helpful in my puppy hunt, long before I decided to get a puppy from her she helped me vet lots of breeders and suggested many litters to me. When I'm in the market for my next golden Laura will be the first person I turn to for advice, and hopefully another one of her great puppies. No matter what breeder you go with, she's a great resource on this forum to ask questions of.

I'm in Washington, DC, so I can't chime in on many of the breeders in your area, but best of luck in the puppy search! This forum is a great resource!

#19 ·
Thanks for the help :) I am mainly looking for a companion dog, but that means I would take her EVERYWHERE. hee hee! She would be in the woods with me, horseback ride, hike, travel, hunt, etc. I will have to look more into the performance route. It might be something fun to do! I am very interested in duck/bird hunting, so that might be something to look into. Again, thanks :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.