Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Nash has nasal cancer .. we are fighting!

8K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Buddy's mom forever 
#1 ·
I just joined this site and forum. my buddy is 10.5 years old and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. no chemo, no radiation....why would i put him thru that. we are doing strictly diet, herbs, supplements and chinese herbs. if your dog has any cancer, please please google the budwig diet for dogs, lucys nasal cancer, and essiac tea for dogs. nasal cancer as well as many others have responded. do every homework you can, research research research. its all out there waiting for you. then pray to our God above for wisdom and help with this lovely creature He gave you to be the companion of your heart and soul. Nash's mom. nose bleeds, sneezing.....thought he has sniffed up a foxtail.....rhinosppcopy.....it comes on fast....a very healthy boy we thought would be with us for at least another couple years....and with God's grace he will. Hes eating like a champ, unilateral cancer, so other nostril still unobstructed, but eye is getting bulgy....today the swelling went down and he was almost himself! Is it strange our dogs are all dying of cancer? think it has anything to do with their food or vaccinations. lets get real about these things....there has got to be a reason so what is the common denominator.

#2 ·
gino was put down 3 months ago because he had nasal cancer as well. he was 15. never consulted a vet before and was very strong. even the vets were surprized that he had such beauftiul coat. even on his last day he was still begging for food. you can read my thread to know more. all i can say is treasure your times you have with him.

my boy fought this disease for 6 months without medication and we told him to let go on the last day. it felt as though he understood because we felt we went weak that day. he was hanging on all for us. his blood gushed out non stop. i hope things get better for yourself as well.

take care. my thread is at the bottom after my signature.

#3 ·
Dear Kimberly, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful dog. I will look Gino up on FB - just getting familiar with this site and how to post, respond, etc. Its rather complex and not particularly user friendly I don't think but have managed to post a photo. You know, it is more males than females that get the nasal cancer. God bless you. I cried when I saw your picture of he and you from the back. They are so loving and giving and they are ours forever. Janis

#4 ·
Hi Janis, welcome to the forum. I am very sorry for your Nash boy. Sending healing vibes, prayers and best wishes for successful treatment.

#5 ·
Dear Buddy's Mom - thank you. Nash is doing pretty good. Most people would not know he is sick, but we do. We are doing many good things for him - we are giving in Yumman Bai Yao for nasal bleeding, we are giving the flaxseed oil and cottage cheese ala the Budwig Protocal and he is eating like a king, he always has, but even more so now. He has some eye problems but the last few days it seems somewhat relieved. He is also on Stasis Breaker. Thank you for you kind words. I will acquaint myself with you and your Buddy soon.

#6 ·
It always breaks my heart to read about another precious golden dealing with cancer. I wish I could do something but all I can do is send you healing thoughts. We have never dealth with nasal cancer but have gone down the hemangiosarcoma road 5 times over the years. Give Nash a kiss for me.

#7 ·
Sending healing vibes and prayers for sweet Nash.

#9 ·
Nash's Mom

Nash's Mom and Nash:

So glad that you found us and this forum-so VERY SORRY for the diagnosis. Praying for Nash and for you.
You are so right about so many dogs being lost to cancer.

Reactions: Nash's Mom
#12 ·
My heart goes out to you. As a fellow golden owner, who's golden is fighting cancer, I know how it feels. My Penny has been fighting fibrous fibrosarcoma, in her face for over three years now. I have been doing a lot of the natural and herbal things that you have talked about, and others. Although, I have also done surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Penny has lived much longer then they would ever have guessed. I truly believe that the herbal supplements and treatments have a huge impact in it. All though I do believe it is important to do both treatments. In Penny's case, if we did not have surgery to remove the tumor, then she would not have long to live. I just always try my best to remember that it is quality versus quantity.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Reactions: Karen519
#13 ·
Dear Lauren - I am still learning how to use this site - hope this goes to you. Thanks for your kind words - today Nash had a bad nosebleed - he had been doing so well - this is the 2nd bad one he has had - and we have been giving him Yumman Bai Yao since it started - just about three weeks now, and so it was a shock. He was so good two days ago, like him old self, and now, not feeling good, laying around, etc., He still eats like a champ and I am trying to get as many good thing in him as possible, no grains, only good meat and some veggies, the Budwig (cottage cheese flax seed) and statis breaker along with many other herbs, vitamins and supplements. He has done pretty well all in all. There is way too much cancer in dogs, there is something wrong - it has got to me something we all do (whether it is the commercial dog food (strongly suspect) or vaccinations (that too). I've always cooked for Nash (well not at first when he was a puppy I didn't know much about having dogs, but I have learned. I just hope and pray that the Lord will bless my research and help me to find what will work for Nash in this case. God bless you and your sweet babies. Janis

#14 ·
Dear Gold4me - I don't know your name, trying to figure it out by reading posts, I WILL figure this site out someday - but thank you for your kind words re. Nash (nasal cancer). I know each of us just loves our doggies so much - I read these posts and cry when I see that someone lost their dear friend. I know that others feel the way I do and I have to say, though there is nothing that can stop the hurt, knowing others are sharing your feelings helps. My boy Nash is still alive and fighting, all in all doing quite well. I hope that if others call me - depending on how this all goes, the holistic methods I am using may be of some help. Until today, things have been going quite well, today he had a bloody nose, big one, the first in three week. not sure what it means. Praying and working to keep him healthy immune-wise. Letting him rest today. Two days ago, he was like a puppy. Is there is place on this site that tells about what treatments owners did for their dear babies. I would like to find that if there is. I would also like to share what I am doing - which is a protocol that another dog lover whose Lucy has cancer has had success with. The best to you and your babies. Janis

#17 ·
Praying for sweet Nash.

#20 · (Edited)
Some very, very, sad news!!!

Nash's Mom, Janis, asked that I post this, as she isn't really good on the forum yet.
She will be back later.

Dear Friends:

Carl and I lost our beloved Nash (Buddy) last night (Oct. 23rd). Tomorrow we will bury him on our property where we will remember all the fun we had with him, playing ball, exploring, swimming, digging, and just lounging. Nash was 10 years, 7 months old and he was diagnosed with nasal cancer just a little over three weeks ago. He was happy right up to the end, even greeted us the night he passed with a wagging tail and continued to eat like a chow hound every day even though he had lost his sense of smell about two weeks earlier. He had a bleed out, broken artery in his nasal passage late in the evening and the bleeding could not be stopped.

I know that you all know only too well the sadness we experience when we loose one of our greatly loved four legged friends. Carl and I are just about as sad as we can be right now but God heals all wounds and we rejoice in the wonderful gift He gives us through these devoted creatures. We had no idea this would happen so quickly, had hoped and prayed for a remission yet God is merciful. He went very quickly. Thanks to all of you who knew and loved Nash and us. He was a fine dog and he will be forever missed. Love, Janis and Carl

Last three pictures: Nash on the slide (with his summer cut), Nash sitting next to me on a road trip we took; staring at the bowl on left with Carl and Bella at Thanksgiving (they did get a meal, here they are saying grace). Bella will miss Nash as well.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...-bridge/121842-nash-buddy-rainbow-bridge.html

Attachments

Reactions: Doug
#21 ·
So sorry about your boy Nash. Way too many of us have lost our fur babies to that awful disease! Thoughts and prayers headed to you and your family. Run free at the Bridge, Nash....

#25 ·
Hi Janis,
I am so sad to read of Nash’s passing. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. He is a beautiful boy, who clearly has a heart of gold. I agree, there is too much cancer in dogs, and I hope one day we are able to bring that number down. Thank you for your kind words. Know my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.