Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Mira - MACH Bars and Ribbons! (Pictures)

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  MarieP 
#1 ·
We got our MACH ribbon at the trial this weekend! Yay! It is really pretty with pink and teal colors. We took a picture at the trial and I also took some fun jumping pictures today with both her MACH bars and ribbons.

PS Barley picked up two QQs to end the year, Mira picked up her first QQ toward her MACH3. Barley finished his points for his MACH4 and needs 4 more QQs. Next trial is not for 3 weeks.

:D HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Fantastic!!!!! I have always been fascinated by agility and would like to one day get into the industry (I doubt I will with Kahuna, however, he will be very big and is too mellow I think ha) Can you break down what the QQ's are and what they do to receive the MACH awards? I'd like to educate myself :) Brilliant work!

Reactions: sammydog
#4 ·
Love the pictures!!!!! Mira has a beautiful smile on her face.

#5 ·
Thank you!

A quick summary... In AKC agility when you get the the Excellent B level (the highest level) you earn a Q (Qualifying Score) when you have a perfect run. You also earn points for every full second under that standard course time. These are called MACH points. When you qualify on both the Standard course and the Jumpers course on the same day it is called a QQ or Double-Q. To earn a MACH title (Master Agility Champion) you need 20 QQs and 750 MACH points.

Here is a link with more info, agility is at the end
A Beginner’s Guide to Companion Events

#6 ·
Awesome pictures Jessica and congrats again on a fantastic year.. What a great note to end the year on!

#7 ·
I love love love it! I always said if I finish an OTCH I'll get the judge to sign our glove, but an OTCH glove isn't nearly as cool as a MACH bar! And very few clubs give special OTCH rosettes.

#10 ·
Thanks! Agility is lots of fun! I would encourage anyone to try it!

Jodie, I think you should make your own OTCH bar!!!

The bars they have at our trials are just the ones right off the jump, no special MACH bars like some places do. But we have really nice MACH ribbons! Anney makes some pretty nice decals to dress the bars up!

#11 ·
I love these pics, and congrats again!! I love following your MACH quest/success stories!! Keep them coming!

#12 ·
Okay there's my plan...get an OTCH and take the top panel off the high jump and claim it as my OTCH panel!:D

#15 ·
Powerful, agile, beauuutiful!! Congratulation!

#17 ·
Thanks everyone! It really has been an amazing year. I am pretty proud of my little girl, sometimes I forget she is still so young! :heartbeat

PS, she though taking pictures was pretty fun too! I had her in a sit stay down two jumps and would throw a bumper backwards over my head, hehehe! :bowl:

#19 ·
Those pictures are FANTASTIC! I don't know which one I like the best, they are all so awesome. Here's hoping your 2012 is even better than 2011 (like some kind of win in March...wink, wink).

#20 ·
Thanks! I like them all for different reasons. I like the ones that have the whole jump because you can see everything, but the close-up ones are much more focused and crisp. It was fun taking them.

I just want to do our best at the NAC, if we can go out and run like we normally do, I will be very happy! I am really looking forward to meeting people and dogs!

#25 ·
Congratulations! Lovely pictures and lovely dog! I agree that MACH ribbons and bars are appropriately festive and gaudy Our golden club DOES have OTCH bars, in case the need ever arises. Jodie, when you get close you will have to come to Wichita!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.