Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Traced J back to Lord Tweedmouth

6K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  CAROLINA MOM 
#1 ·
I am sure most anyone with their dog's pedigree could do this. But since she is my first dog with certified "roots" I thought it was pretty cool. His dog Rock was her ancestor .:D

#3 ·
wow, that's very cool, and would be great fun to do with my guys!

#4 ·
That was all I did, got on K9 date (I just put J in :D ) and keep going back. It gets pretty spotty back then, but enoughl to tell she has a Tweedmouth in her. Terry, I will be very intersted to see what you find out about Cambridge since she is from field lines. Let me know if you need help. It's really pretty fun:p:

#14 ·
It is just like you said.
I have heard that all Goldens can be traced back to LT, but it is REALLY cool when you can see it with your own dog. I wish I was better at reading the lines, I would love to know if you can see where the fields branched off

#11 ·
I love to stalk dogs on k9data. I too went all the way back to Lord Tweedmouth's dog with Brady - it was so much fun, and it made the story a reality.

I once told a non- golden retriever person about this, and they thought I was lying, especially when I mentioned Lord Tweedmouth's name....

#16 ·
Another fun thing to look at is the Golden Statistics at the Topbrass Website:

http://www.ungdeniablegoldens.com/TopGoldenProducers.html

It provides information on the most influential field breeding etc. If you download reports, you can be surprised. My guy is in most of them as a descendent and he's not a field golden so I don't think it's cut ad dry on where lines split.
Rhonda... Pat and Charles do all the stats... Which is Undeniable goldens. They owned Titan's sire Apollo. Charles loves stats!

Reactions: Stretchdrive
#19 ·
I just did her Dad (who is stunning BTW !!) real quick. Couldn't get him back to LT but I did get him to Majoribank's Poppy. I also found some of J's realatives back there too, so we're realated !! How cool is that !:p:

Reactions: Karen519
#23 ·
I think it's very interesting that he gets all Englishy (is that a word??) not too far back, but then comes back to the US until his original English ancestors start (if I am reading things right ??)

#25 ·
I traced my Cookie back to a tweedmouth girl. I enjoyed the statistics on the Undeniable website.

#26 ·
I love looking at the pics from 50 plus years ago to see the evolution of the breed.

#32 · (Edited)
I traced Tailer Riley Da Golden Nibbler back 29 generations to get to Nous & Belle...I didn't realize it was so easy to get that far back...It's still think it's really Cool!

Reactions: Claire's Friend
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.