Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

I miss you...I love you...A thread to talk to your Angels at the Bridge

62K views 514 replies 136 participants last post by  sterling18 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm having a hard time finding an outlet to talk to about my girl. People are understanding around me but they don't want to keep hearing about Magic all time. (And I'm not talking about GRF.) But what I really want and need is to just talk to her, and put into words whenever I need to, how I felt, how I feel, how I miss her. I want to share what is going on in our life now as I would if she were standing by my side. I know there are countless others out there who are grieving the loss of their babies and are afraid that they will be forgotten in the hustle and bustle of life.

So with this thread please feel free to talk directly to your babies, tell them what you need to tell them as many times and as often as you need to. And know that so many of us feel this with you. I hope this provides many of us with some healing and a place to be heard whenever we need it.

#2 ·
Magic,

This morning Kelsey dropped big chunks of her muffin on the floor and Daddy had to actually call Jazz over to clean it up off the floor. I know that would have never happened on your watch sweetheart. Nobody beat you to a crumb or a scrap.

Miss you my sweet angel.

#3 ·
Magiclover

Magiclover
Thank you so much for starting this thread for all of us to talk to our furkids that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

Our sweet Smooch would never have left a crumb on the floor either.
Smooch, you loved to eat and would never even leave a kibble in your bowl-that's how I knew your were sick, when you didn't want to eat.
Snobear, Tonka is laying his head on the rung of the kitchen chair, just like you used to do! Mommy and Daddy miss and love you both so much-now go and play with Magic!!

#4 ·
On Friday I had to pts my cat blizzard, a white cream point siamese with bright blue eyes. He had a mass on the roof of his mouth (developed in only a few weeks without my knowledge). I did notice weight loss and behavior change, but did not realize he was starving to death because of not being able to eat or drink. I still have 2 cats and 2 goldens, but he was the bully, feisty one of the bunch.

Blizzard,
I miss you, you never let me hold you but you'd curl up at my feet on the bed. You would let me pet and stroke you until you got tired and then would bite me. I miss your Pi** and vinegar spirit. We had a fire in the fireplace last night and i miss you lounging right next to the fireplace.
Mommy and daddy miss you, so do moose and angel because you thought you were a golden and ran around the house with them.
we miss you

#7 ·
On Friday I had to pts my cat blizzard, a white cream point siamese with bright blue eyes. He had a mass on the roof of his mouth (developed in only a few weeks without my knowledge). I did notice weight loss and behavior change, but did not realize he was starving to death because of not being able to eat or drink. I still have 2 cats and 2 goldens, but he was the bully, feisty one of the bunch.

Blizzard,
I miss you, you never let me hold you but you'd curl up at my feet on the bed. You would let me pet and stroke you until you got tired and then would bite me. I miss your Pi** and vinegar spirit. We had a fire in the fireplace last night and i miss you lounging right next to the fireplace.
Mommy and daddy miss you, so do moose and angel because you thought you were a golden and ran around the house with them.
we miss you
Maingirl, I'm so sorry that you lost your kitty, Blizzard. They all have their unique print that they leave on our heart. He sounded like such a character. I can just imagine him running around the house with your goldens. RIP Blizzard.

#5 ·
Magic,

The other day Daddy and I took Jazzy on your favorite walk around the castle. We were throwing her ball like usual and she ignored all the other doggies like she always does. You know she is all about her ball. All of sudden she stopped and froze, looking in the distance. There was a Golden who looked so much like you and I'm sure that Jazz thought it was you. She took off running towards the dog and you could tell by her body language the disappointment she felt when she realized it wasn't you. It was a bit heartbreaking to watch. It turns out that it was Nellie, our neighbors dog. Your sister really misses you sweetheart, just like we do. I hope you are having fun with all your friends and Grandma and Grandpa Lou.

Love, Mommy

#6 ·
Magic,

The other day Daddy and I took Jazzy on your favorite walk around the castle. We were throwing her ball like usual and she ignored all the other doggies like she always does. You know she is all about her ball. All of sudden she stopped and froze, looking in the distance. There was a Golden who looked so much like you and I'm sure that Jazz thought it was you. She took off running towards the dog and you could tell by her body language the disappointment she felt when she realized it wasn't you. It was a bit heartbreaking to watch. It turns out that it was Nellie, our neighbors dog. Your sister really misses you sweetheart, just like we do. I hope you are having fun with all your friends and Grandma and Grandpa Lou.

Love, Mommy
Just wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry about your beautiful girl Magic. When I read the post above, it made me so sad for you and Jazz. I know that had to be so difficult for her. The elation that she thought it was Magic and the heartbreak that it was not. They grieve just as we do. We lost our Golda on 4/7/2007. Even though it has been so long, we think of and miss him every single day. Max and Di had a very difficult time when he left for the bridge. The ache for them never goes away. But as time goes by, we smile more than cry over the memories. We completely understand the yearning to remember them and discuss them and keep them alive. We experienced the same with even close friends who had pets. Until you loose a special one, it is hard to understand how difficult it is to loose them and how vivid they will always be in our lives.

#8 ·
Hay Tucker (Big Red),

I think about you every day. It seems like it was just yesterday that I could pet your beautiful head and in reality it's been 2yrs. I still consider myself one of the luckiest people because that day over 15yrs ago you picked me to be your mommy by chewing on my shoes. I should of known then what kind of crazy, fun, and adventures we would have together. I cherish every memory and every picture. Your younger brother Cooper who you have never met looks and acts so much like you - I know you sent him to us. Tanner thanks you because he was so sad when you left and now he can wrestle and play. It's funny to see Cooper play with Tanner and annoy him like he did you - I tell him payback!! Well buddy - I just want you to know that you will forever and always be my heart. Love mommy.

#9 ·
Boys,

Always forever, I love you. You made me the person I am today, and of course I wouldn't have young Jacks if it weren't for the wonderfulness of you. You are all together in my dreams and look and smell and feel as scrummy as you ever did in life, so I assume that's some great message from the beyond that you are all together and staying close to me.

Love,

Me. :)

#10 ·
I miss you Paul and Simon. Every morning when I drive to work I pass your vet hospital and can't help but think about the good and bad times we had there together. It makes me sad that it's also the place where we had to say goodbye, but I'm getting better at trying to focus on the positives.

I love you Paul and Simon. Daddy misses you SO MUCH.

Attachments

#11 ·
:smooch: Hi Barkley Boo, last year on March 31 we celebrated your 12 year, 10 month birthday, never realizing we would be releasing you to God just 30 days later, April 30, 2010, your 12 year, 11 month birthday. I am so glad we celebrated each month's anniversary like this because we had a lovely day with you one year ago, one I will always remember with a smile. You were feeling so good, your Dad was home and we all went for a spirited walk, with you leading the charge, stopping in your tracks when we turned to head home. You always loved your walks and you were truly my best walking buddy. We miss you, love you to Heaven and back and then some more, and know you are looking out for us. We appreciate your thinking of Toby and tossing him the balls from heaven too! :) Love always, your Mom.

#12 ·
A day doesn't go by that we don't think about you Taz. I still find myself saying how I wish you were still here, we miss you so much. Dad put your name tag on his key ring-I was so surprised the first time I saw it. I was standing in line at the grocery store waiting to be checked out, I thought I was going to start crying. Of course the grocery was packed that day, but I really didn't care.

Dad says good night to you every night. I miss you not helping me fix dinner, I haven't gotten use to doing it by myself yet.

We hope you're taking care of Grandma and the Grandpas for us, tell them we love them and miss them too.

#13 ·
Chris, I am glad you started this thread so everyone can write to their loved ones in Heaven. I have been pretty selfish and write to Selka on his prayer thread even though he no longer needs prayers. But I don't write as much as I did at first and now it is disappearing down the list of most viewed and that makes me sad too.

Chris, your post about Jazz just broke my heart. Poor sweet girl-Missing her sissie.

Selka, I miss you all the time. The last week with your birthday has been so hard.It hit me harder than I even thought it would. I talk about you all the time to dad, Gunner and Sasha. Thank you for sending me Sasha.. he is so much like you but also his own sweet self. I love you always pookie.

#15 ·
To my boys(Zachary,Jake, Pete and Beau). I miss you all so much. A day doesn't go by without me thinking of each of you. Zachary, I miss the way you would look at me to let me know you really understood what I wanted. I remember how on your last day with us you waited for me to get home so we could say goodbye. Jake, I miss your mischief. You always had a twinkle in your eye while trying to get away with something. Petey, I miss the way you would crawl in my lap. You never did fit but you tried. We had so many good snuggle sessions. Beau(BoBo), I miss our mornings together. You and I always got up first and had such a beautiful quiet time together. My mornings are just not the same without you here. Thank you boys for loving me and letting me love you.

#19 ·
Blizzy,
Janel and I miss you so much that we have started looking on petfinder for another white with blue eyes kitty. I hope you don't think that it's disrespectful of us, not honoring of you, but we miss that presence. We've seen a 9 month old kitty that needs a home, and we got you after whiskers died. I miss the white blur in the house. Please forgive us.
love mom and janel

#23 ·
Today I went and sat in our den for the first time since Selka died. He always slept on the love seat in that room. (I haven't been able to vacuum it though. It still holds his fur) We have kept the door shut since he couldn't get up on the furniture anymore (so he didn't break his leg)
It's right next to our bedroom and when I 'd get up at night to go to the bathroom I'd walk by and see him spread out on his side sound asleep. I just couldn't look in there and not see him.

Sasha and Gunner came in with me and were of course smelling the love seat. I wonder if Gunnie still knows that's Selka's smell. I cried and hugged the boys. I miss him so much.

#26 ·

Sasha and Gunner came in with me and were of course smelling the love seat. I wonder if Gunnie still knows that's Selka's smell. I cried and hugged the boys. I miss him so much.

Jazzy and I still smell Magic's collar and fur that I cut before I took her in. I know it's a little weird.

#24 ·
I took my BassettX to my friend's barn the other day. A lady showed up with a 5 year old female golden. Jack ran up to her just like Jazzy did. the dog snapped at Jack and he came running back with his tail between his legs. I found Jack as a starved little puppy with rickets and Copper raised him so he thinks all goldens are his best friend.:(

#27 ·
Nugget it has been 4 mos today that you went to RB and we miss you as much as we did the day we had to let you go. Oh Nugget Dr.Ava Frick donated money to a rescue in you memory. When we recieved the card in the mail it made me cry. Dad and I are going to do a relay for life in your honor.
As you must already know we had to get Molly another friend as she missed you so much. Since we brought Dyson into our home he's been to the vet 3 times 2 times were just minor however this last time his ear was beet red and draining really badly if this is your idea of being funny I'm here to say QUIT It he was healthy when we brought him here to live with us. He is a really sweet boy and I do like him I just don't feel any love for him. Your cousin Patches will be comming to live with you today please meet het at the bridge. Please take care of Grandma for me and tell I love her and miss her.
I'll let you go now so you can get ready to meet Patches. I Love you and miss you so much.

#28 ·
Oh Teddy...I've been looking forward to going home for the summer since I left in September. Now that it's only a month away, I don't want to go back. I keep thinking of all the things I'm going to do...go down to the river with you, run around the backyard with you, take you swimming...it just hurts so much knowing I can't do that again. How will ever walk our paths without your big happy smile running along behind me? Who will fetch the sticks? Who will I watch swim in the river at the beach? I still can't believe you're gone. I miss you every day.
Mommy loves you Teddy

#29 ·
Hey Skypup!! It's almost 4 years since I last held you in my arms - but I'm sure you know I hold you in my heart just as strong today. Kady & Daisey miss you but your brother Rusty keeps their minds on other things!! Wish you and RDog could have met ~ you two would have been best buddies and pals. Thank You for sending Rusty to me in my time of need. I can feel you watching over me so I'm sure you're up to date with everything I'm doing. Thank You for your guidance, your trust, and your love.

Nau ko'u aloha no kau a kau. 'O ku'u aloha no 'oe.

#30 ·
Hi sweet girl,

One month ago today I had to let you go to the Bridge. My arms and heart still ache for you so much.

We are all learning to cope with you not being with us. Daddy still keeps saying your name without meaning to. A couple of weeks ago the smoke alarm went off at dinner time and Kelsey and I both jumped up and ran to look for you because we know you are scared of the noise, then we realized you weren't there. :( My heart hurts the most for Jazz. She doesn't really understand why you've gone away. She is trying really hard to watch out the front window when we are gone just like you did. She is about 50/50 right now. She stays closer to me now just like you did. She is still her silly self but you can sense her feeling of loss. When we move back home this summer we are getting a puppy for her to play with. I hope your good mommy skills rubbed off on her and she will take good care of the new puppy just like you did with her. I know you would want her to be happy with a friend.

You were one of kind, never to be replaced. I love you and miss you so very much. Have fun sweet girl. Talk to you soon!!!

Love, Mommy :--heart:

#34 ·
Magiclover,
I'm so sorry for Jazz and your yearning for Magic! It's very fresh still for you both! These anniversaries and milestones are terribly difficult. Your post made me cry. Particularly about Jazz staring out the window. They grieve just as we do. I know that Magic would be pleased if you and Jazz adopt another baby. You have so much love to give!

#31 ·
Magiclover

Magiclover

I hope you do something for yourself and Jazz today-Magic would love that.
So many things you said about Magic, remind me of my Smooch-today it is 4 months since we sent our Smooch to the Rainbow Bridge-I know that Smooch and Magic are buddies up there!
Where are you moving home to and Jazz will be so happy that another furbaby is going to be her buddy.

#32 ·
Magiclover

I hope you do something for yourself and Jazz today-Magic would love that.
So many things you said about Magic, remind me of my Smooch-today it is 4 months since we sent our Smooch to the Rainbow Bridge-I know that Smooch and Magic are buddies up there!
Where are you moving home to and Jazz will be so happy that another furbaby is going to be her buddy.
I hope Smooch and Magic are having a great time together.

We are moving back to Illinois. I know you live there also. We are up in Lake County. We still have our house so it should be a fairly easy return. We are really going to miss our life here in England though. We have already been in contact with our breeder for a new little one when we return. They know how much Magic meant to us.

#33 ·
Magiclover

Magiclover

We live in DuPage County, in Woodridge, IL, about half hour from Oak Brook.
What suburbs are in Lake County?
I am sure that my Snobear and Smooch are hanging out with Magic.
My next door neighbor is getting a female Golden Pup from some breeder in Illinois on April 30th-can't remember the name!!

#35 ·
Magiclover

We live in DuPage County, in Woodridge, IL, about half hour from Oak Brook.
What suburbs are in Lake County?
I am sure that my Snobear and Smooch are hanging out with Magic.
My next door neighbor is getting a female Golden Pup from some breeder in Illinois on April 30th-can't remember the name!!

Karen, We are close to Gurnee, which is known for Gurnee Mills and Six Flags.

#36 ·
Hi you guys;
Decades later & I still think about you Kitty. I never got to tell you that Mongo would run to your bed every morning after you were gone for months, looking for you. He would always turn away, looking depressed, missing his monkeyface. I'm sure you two are together now. Do you still slap him when he gets too pushy? Mongo, your kid still talks about you. She still has your bowl, and she uses it all the time for snacks. When people ask her about it, she still gets a little teary. As do I. Your tags are in my jewelry box, where I can hold them, and say a little hello to you. I miss you & Kitty the most, Lipsy. Be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.